Tuesday 6 January 2015

New Year...New Beginnings ??

Hi there !

Its that time of the year again.... that warm fuzzy feeling of being loved and spending precious moments of festivities and laughter with family and friends ! The nostalgic feel of the year that's quietly slipped away into oblivion and the excited anticipation of the times to come...the days around New Year are always the most memorable !

I have had an action packed, hectic year end too.... the festivities and excitement that started from October with Diwali celebrations got an added impetus with the much awaited visit of my parents in this new homeland of ours ! From taking them around this fabulous city of ours, Dubai, to discovering places hitherto unknown to us to hogging on to my mum's food.... the days just flew by !

But like it always happens in life....the true extent of happiness can only be measured by the amount of pain you have gone through. The balancing force of life....one that never lets you take life and its bounties for granted ! Call it luck that this realization didn't come in the form of personal pain for me....but to know that hundreds of lives were lost and millions of people suffered and continue to do so....suddenly all the happiness looks frivolous and the future of our race....bleak,morbid,doubtful !

Once again,the heart feels overwhelmed and the mind is reeling with dangerous realizations ! It feels so naive to think that one person can make a change or together we can make a difference. Can we really ? As of now...i have no answer. My mind is busy imbibing the impact....suddenly everything is mixed up ! The lines have blurred. I want to point out so many things...address so many issues, make myself heard, try an awakening...scare, plead, cajole....anything that stops us from spiraling into this self destruction mode we have hit !

But like i have mentioned in my previous posts, write i will ! It is the only thing that gives me hope. And i am going to try and shrug off this laziness and pen down all that has been bubbling inside me for some time now. But before i start writing about the events of the present, i want to post some of my previous writings here. The reason being, a lot of issues we face today, are extensions of events of the past. And it's equally important for both me and you to understand where is my reaction and writing coming from. The actions that triggered my emotions and made me feel a certain way. And how my thinking was shaped over a period of time.

Hence, over the next few days i would be posting my previous articles. And with that i shall carry forward my take on the present. Each and everything that matters !

And once again, i wish this new year brings a new hope, the promise of a saner and more compassionate and considerate world.

Happy New Year !




No comments:

Post a Comment